The 5 causes of thyroid disease for the overwhelming majority of my patients are:
- Poor protein metabolism leading to protein deficiency.
Great Protein Meal
2. Poor water metabolism leading to dehydration.
Good Safe Water
3. Blood sugar imbalances.
4. Chronic stress which is often emotional in nature.
5. Poor digestion and/or immune system health.
Today we are going to talk about the second listed cause of Thyroid dysfunction among my patients which is poor water metabolism. This definitely relates directly to you. You will fit into one of these 5 main categories of people:
- You drink enough water, the right type of water and you drink it often enough to hydrate yourself properly.
- You drink enough water, the right type of water and you drink it often enough to hydrate yourself properly and yet you are dehydrated in spite of this. (We will discuss how this can happen in a future blog post.)
- You drink the correct type of water but not enough of it.
- You drink the correct type of water and you drink enough of it, but you do not drink it often enough.
- You are drinking the wrong type of water. In fact, the water that you have been told by so many people is great for you is actually dehydrating you and making you sick.
F. Batmanghelidj, M.D.
In his book, F. Batmanghelidj says this:
[“Despite the passage of over 25 years since it was discovered that water has powerful pain-relieving properties and the ability to reverse some disease processes, the medical community is still in denial, and the pharmaceutical industry is reaping the harvest of this professional indifference to the all-time medical breakthrough that water can serve people better than drugs.
It is a fact that correctly prescribed and used medications make over 2 million people sicker and kill over 100,000 every year, while mistakes involving prescription medications kill a further 100,000 a year. These mistakes include misdiagnosis and errors in the selection of medication, illegible penmanship of physicians, and dispensing errors at the pharmacy. But the most fundamental mistake is the actual use of normally prescribed chemicals in standard treatment procedures. This is the true killer process. The reason is simple: When the body needs a top-up of water, it is given toxic chemicals instead.
In December 2003 the unthinkable happened. Dr. Allen Roses, international vice president of Glaxo-SmithKline, one of the major manufacturers of drugs in the world, went public in a front-page interview with the Independent newspaper in London, England. He admitted, “The vast majority of drugs – more than 90% – only work in 30 to 50% of the people.” Commented the science editor of the newspaper, “It is an open secret within the drug undustry that most of its products are ineffective in most patients, but this is the first time such a senior drug company boss has gone public.”
Dr. Roses put the blame on the patients. He surmised that some people have certain genes that neutralize drugs. He did not realize the reason why these drugs do not work is due to one fact – they are not designed to quench patients’ symptom-producing thirst, Unfortunately, these drugs go further than not working – they actually make patients sicker than before.”]
Stay tuned for our next blog post in which we will discuss the best type of water to drink and how much of it you should be drinking.
Interestingly, in his book, Dr. Batmanghelidj goes on to discuss why a salt-free diet is bad for you and the value of minerals, salt, diet, exercise, sunlight and a good mental/emotional state to help stop and reverse disease (3rdedition).